Monday, October 16, 2006

That's Entertainment!


Lara's wedding invite finally came in the mail today. Although I was half expecting it, seeing it being delivered by our secretary was a pleasant surprise to end the day. It's always nice to receive good new by snail mail.


The invitation is GORGEOUS! I've always been attracted to chocolate brown, so the brown satin ribbon that greeted me was a welcome sight. Their theme is east meets west, and both the overlay and the actual invite reflected this in a toile kind of way. It was refreshing to see something ornate and classy at the same time.

But the biggest surprise of the invite wasn't inside, it was in front. Here it is:


Yup, I think Lara thought I was a former member of the now defunct "That's Entertainment." Actually, I've been called Lester Samonte a couple of times already, but the last one was about 5 years ago. In truth, Carol was a bit reluctant to give me the invite at first. She had to ask: "Lester, do you use the surname Samonte in any of your correspondences?" Then after showing me the invite, I knew it was for me, despite the gaffe. Carol followed up by saying, I thought "Samonte" was another addition to the Lester Edgard Regalado Morales that we know. And she said that if it was, then my name would really be the longest name she knows.

Kuya Germs! Your long lost entertainer is here in HK!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait.. Is your name Lester Samonte or not?