Sunday, October 22, 2006

Leather or not

Melvin and I were at Zara this afternoon drooling over some nice leather jackets. Since winter is coming up in a few weeks, most of the brands have brought out their heaviest leather so that people like me can go through the cold still looking nice and streamlined, as opposed to looking like eskimos bundled under pillow thick jackets.

I've been planning to buy a leather jacket since last year. Part of me was against it though since I can only use it for 3 months in a year, and the remaining 9 months, it'll be locked away in my closet gathering molds and mildew. (Hmmm... that sounds like 80% of my wardrobe. hahaha.) In fact, I had a leather jacket in 2003, but I opted to leave it at my parents' place in the US since I won't have too much use for it in Manila anyway. Given that, another leather jacket might not be practical. (Then again, fashion isn't supposed to be practical.)

There are two jackets i'm lusting over. One is a black bomber jacket with motorcycle-inspired zippers in front. The second is a streamlined and suit cut jacket in a brown so dark, it's almost black. I tried them both and Melvin says they both look really nice. He's more partial to the bomber jacket, though.

Anyway, I'm giving myself a week to think it over. Hopefully, both jackets will still be available and in my size this Saturday. If they are, it's a sign.

THEY'RE MINE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also eyeing for a jacket in Zara for the coming winter. I hope it's still there when I get my very first paycheck. :-)