Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Blanc Wall

Pacific Place was all abuzz tonight, and naturally, my Journalist instincts kicked in. Upon further investigation, I discovered a large contingent of Taitais and other beautiful people converging at the Atrium at the ground floor. What used to be an open space was now a sea of black dresses in silk, jersey and tweed. And this could only mean one thing:

There was a fashion event!


Indeed, there was. Mont Blanc, that brand we all know as pens that are wonderful to write with, was presenting their holiday jewelry collection.


Yup, they do make things other than pens. It was hard to see the baubles from where I was standing (which was the balcony), but based on their tarps, it looks like they could give Tiffany's a run for their 925 sterling silver money.

The models were very run of the mill. In Hong Kong, as long as you're lithe and blonde, you can pass off as a model. And there was a couple of generic blonde models last night, like her:


Then there was this other model who was Asian. She was gorgeous, tall, great body shape and bone structure, and she even looks healthy! And her face... Chiseled, big round eyes, cheek bones as high as Mt. Everest - she was like a sculpture that came to life. Her face was perfect!

Too bad I can't say the same for her walking skills, though. She was as awkward as an ostrich wearing rollerblades!

Oh well, as Kuya Ers would say: "Buti na lang at maganda siya." And mabuti na lang maganda yung jewelry ng Montblanc. It made hanging around Pacific Place worthwhile.

Maybe I should get those for my sisters and Mom for Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss doing PR for and attending events of Montblanc! I know their products by heart. That one launched in HK is their Precious Accessories for Women. You should definitely get your sisters a piece or two. I also interviewed the president of Mont Blanc Asia one time. Those were the days...

[chocoley] said...

hmm, this is really unexpected... i haven't heard a product from montblanc that is in line of jewels. well i think it's good.

anyway your blog is fu of reading it's kewl, nice topics, absolutely it's good!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark! Congratulations on your new job. You're right about Mont Blanc's jewelry line. I was planning to buy something from Tiffany's for my sisters this Christmas, but I might just check out Mont Blanc instead.

Hey Ley. Thanks for dropping by. Yup, even i found it unexpected at first, since I'm only familiar with their writing line. But after looking at the accessories up close, I realized they've got another great line there.