Saturday, October 07, 2006

Just my luck

A couple of weeks ago, I was raving about this really nice dress that I stumbled upon and purchased at Zara. It was a printed dress with a purple grossgrain ribbon that I'm sure my sisters would love. When I looked at the rack, they only have the dress in Medium and Large sizes. Medium was perfect for Ate Bullet, but Ate Lissa was a small. I asked them to check if they had a small size in stock, but no luck.

The past few days were spent by me checking out each of Zara's 4 branches here in Hong Kong, hoping to chance upon the same dress in small. But then again, no luck. I became obsessed with the dress that every night, I'd drop just to take a peek.

Last September 14, I went back to Manila with only one dress - a medium for Ate Bullet. As expected, her eyes lit up as she fit the dress, and it fit her perfectly. I felt bad that Ate Lissa couldn't have the same adrenaline rush that comes from finding a pretty, perfect fitting dress.

Today, I passed through Zara in Harbour City en route to City Super for lunch. I knew the sales weren't up until another 2 months, so I really didn't look around. But on my way out, there was this force that stopped me and made me look to my right.


What did I see? It was the printed dress with a purple grossgrain ribbon! It took my breath away! One piece left, tucked in between some plaid, wool blend dresses. I held my breath as I walked to the rack, pulled out the dress, and guess what?

It was a small! And it was still on sale, still with the same ridiculously cheap price tag.

Faster than you can say TRF, I was already at the counter clutching the dress. As Arnie would say, this is fate!

Hey Ate! I've got your dress!

No comments: