Friday, October 20, 2006

Attack of the College Boy

I decided to have lunch at the KFC outlet in King's Road today. I ordered my usual Zinger meal: Zinger burger, criss cut fries and Pepsi. Usually, this meal costs $24.50, so that's the amount I prepared. But when the cashier asks for my payment, she said: $19.50 please.

Of course, this baffled me a bit. Initially, my thought was that they have some lunch time promo. But on my way out, I noticed this poster by the front door. It said: Student Saver Meals. Under that promo, students get $5.00 off on selected meals, and the Zinger meal was one of them.

Then it hit me. She thought I was a student!

Now I have two things to smile about. First, I saved $5.00, and second, I really look a decade younger than I really am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! u got 5 bucks to save!