Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sticking to one

Aside from jeans, I'm also fond of watches. In fact, they fondly call me "The Watcher" at work because of my penchant for wearing different watches everyday. Peter even noticed that I usually match my watch with my belt, and it gives them a bit of joy to anticipate "what watch will he be wearing today?"

It's actually part of my daily decisions - do I wear a leather or metal strap? Will it be brown, black or green? Crocodile strap or distressed leather? To make the decision making process easier, all my watches are in my side drawer so I can easily open and choose.

But the last time I did that was 3 weeks ago.

Yes, for the past 3 weeks, I've been wearing just one watch everyday. The same watch I wore in Japan during my visit to Mark. This watch right here.


My Mom sent me this watch 2 months ago when my brother-in-law came back from the U.S. It's a silver, Fossil Automatic watch - one of the new watches from their 2006-2007 collection. From the time I first tried it on, I fell in love with it. And why wouldn't I?

The size - albeit a bit big - fits my wrist and frame perfectly. The silver-ness of the watch, even if it's stark, is very pleasing to the eye. The design is simple and classic enough to dress up or dress down. So, on the whole, it's gorgeous! Plus, as Mark says, the best thing about automatic watches is that they're silent - it doesn't tic like the usual watches do.

My colleague actually noticed that I've been using this for the past few weeks. This afternoon, he told me: "Looks like you're just sticking to one now. You've finally found the perfect one for you."

Yup! You're absolutely right.

No comments: