Sunday, January 13, 2013

Because DVF is known for the wrap

Last week, one of my former students - Jizu - sent me an email and asked why I didn't post my Christmas wrapping theme for 2012. After all, I've been posting my wrapper themes since 2006.

That's when I realized that I was supposed to write about it, but because I couldn't upload photos, I wasn't able to. Then, it just slipped my mind.

Now that I've been reminded, my theme for 2012 was inspired by fashion. Just like the Etro-inspired gift wrapping of 2009. 

It all started when I found these wrappers at National Bookstore. It had a very interesting print, and it came in 4 colors. Suddenly, I thought of Diane Von Furstenburg. She also likes to mix prints, but instead of clashing prints, she usually mixes the same print in different colors.


So, I thought of combining two colors of the wrapper into one, and create a more cohesive, yet chic, print-on-print look. Just like DVF. And in keeping with that spirit, I also chose two ribbons, but in different shades of green. This is to match the green on the print.


Seeing them all together, I thought, it's easy being green.


With all these elements in place, this was the final product!


It actually took a bit of time to wrap each present. After all, I had to split the wrapper, then combine them, before I could start wrapping. Imagine doing that for about 100 presents!

But then again, that's the fun part of the holidays.

No comments: