Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scratch that!

Way back during my first job, we had to undergo the usual annual physical check-up. While the doctor was giving me my exam, out of the blue, he said:

"Very sensitive ang skin mo."

Years later, I did notice that I would get bruises easily. Sometimes, I'd just hit my leg on the table, and suddenly, I'd have a scratch or a bruise. And to think I was wearing jeans when that happened.

It still happens occasionally these days. Sometimes, I'd see a scratch and think: "Where did that come from."

On my way home, as I was boarding the MRT, a lady rushed in and squeezed herself into the space beside me. She was so forceful about it, and I felt her bag on my left arm.

When I got home and washed my arm, I noticed a sting the lower part of my left arm. When I looked at it, there was this 1-inch scratch on it, and it was quite noticeable. Actually, more than "quite." Mom saw it from across the room and asked me what happened to my arm.

Oh well, I just have to be more careful next time.

No comments: