Monday, January 21, 2013

Color Story: See foam

According to pantone, the color of the year is Emerald Green. Which isn't bad since I've always found jewel tones wonderful to look at.

Since Emerald Green will be getting lots of attention this year, let me shift my focus to one of its less famous cousins. A cousin who might not be that in your face, but has a quiet elegance to it.

Presenting, Seafoam Green.

I found this Seafoam Green dress a few months ago at an SM Warehouse sale in Cubao. It was so cheap that they could've just given it away. 


Aside from the fresh color, what drew me to this piece was the pleat detailing. It was all over the bodice, and it went all the way down to the skirt. It gave the dress a very light, breezy and casual feeling.


To add a bit of contrast and a touch of elegance, I added a Tiffany blue belt with jewel details.


The result is an outfit that is young, classy and elegant. Not to mention very cheap.

See what a little Seafoam can do.

No comments: