Sunday, October 28, 2012

That's Swift

It's true that I'm more partial to old songs from the 70s and 80s. As I've written on this journal so many times, the 60s to 80s must've been the golden decades of music because everything was well written and beautifully sung.

But there are times when some younger singers surprise me. Some of them have songs that are nicely written and very catchy. One of those younger singers who I like to listen to is *drumroll please* Taylor Swift! *insert canned laughter here.*

Fine. It's a guilty pleasure. You got to admit, though, the girl does come up with catchy songs. Not only that, she writes and composes her own songs, too. So it's no wonder that most of her songs are about young love. (Or lack thereof.)

"Love Story" first caught my attention courtesy of the trailer of the film "Letters to Juliet." I've been listening to it ever since.



"Should've said no," is her attempt at angst, which she delivers.



And speaking of angst, her latest song "We're never ever ever getting back together," sounds so bitter that it's sweet!



From her first album until her latest, she's pretty consistent in terms of the theme and subject matter of her songs. It makes me wonder what's next for her.

Taylor better be swift in writing those new songs. I can't wait to hear what she'll come up with next.

No comments: