Saturday, October 27, 2012

Better late than never

It's been almost 2 years when the capsule collection of Lanvin dropped in H and M stores worldwide. I think everyone knows how crazy that went - people camping and sleeping outside stores the night before, mad scrambling for 15 minutes, and all sorts of crazy fashion stunts.

Thankfully, I was able to get 4 pieces from that collection - 2 necklaces and 2 dresses. And while my sisters and friends were happy with their Lanvin loot, there was always one dress which I'd like to call "the dress that got away." It's this tulle and organza ballerina dress which was one of the biggest sellers.


A few weeks ago, my friend from Luxemborg sent me an email message. She was one of the people who I contacted last November 2010 to try and secure some items for me. The reason for her sudden email? She said that sometime in January 2011, she passed by an H and M store and saw the ballerina dress that I asked her to buy. And she did!

Unfortunately, she was in the process of moving flats that time, so she packed the dress and forgot about it. That's until she opened some of her boxes recently.

So, almost 2 years since the capsule collection of Lanvin dropped, the tulle and organza dress is finally here!


It's as chic as I imagined it to be.


And it comes with a belt, too.


Usually, I'm not a fan of things that come in late. But in this case, I'm just happy it arrived.

No comments: