Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happily Never After

I'm a huge fan of comics, especially the humorous titles. Growing up, I read a lot of Archie, Garfield, Blondie, Beetle Bailey and a whole lot more.

When I got into college, we had to read more textbooks and less comics, so I began to appreciate those one-box comic strips. In particular, I got hooked on Gary Larson's "The Far Side," which I thought was genius. Imagine, telling a funny story with the use of just one frame! Genius!

And speaking of genius one-frame cartoons, I found two strips from "Mother Goose and Grimm" which were perfect examples of brilliance.

The strips actually poke fun at the Disney Princesses, and they use famous American TV shows as reference.

Here's their take on CSI:


And another on Desperate Housewives:
I couldn't stop laughing while looking at these comic strips. I've said this before and I'll say it again, these strips are genius. It's the type of comic strip that's so good, I wish I wrote it myself.

No comments: