Friday, June 22, 2007

Turning Japan-eats

I just love Okashi! Whenever i'm in Japan, I'm often in some supa or Family Mart checking out boxes and boxes of goodies from Meiji and Glico. My all-time faves would be Pocky and Toppo, but there are a couple brands more that I like.

Thankfully, I find more and more of them in Hong Kong, particularly in this shop aptly called "Okashi Land." Dropped by a couple of minutes ago, and got these!



Caplico is like "Puffy Cone" (if anyone remembers that) and the centre has this peculiar texture. It feels like ice cream, but dry and crumbly. There are three cones per box, coming in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. (My favourite! Yum!)

Then I also found this Bourbon Gelatin. This was the exact same brand that Mark and I bought at 7-11 and ate at that impromptu picnic near the Muikamachi Sports Centre. The only difference is, this one is the mixed fruit variant - the one we bought was pure orange. And I prefer the pure orange one, but this was the only one available. ("Bangaws can't be choosers" as my secretary would say...)



Now it's time to eat!!!

No comments: