Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Surprise shopping, Surprise savings

Had dinner at Times Square tonight, and as it's customary after a big dinner (or on any given day) I decided to roam around the mall and do some browsing.

I reached Royal Sporting House and remembered that they sold Ipanema. It's the other Brazilian sandal/slipper brand made popular by Gisele Bundchen. I've been meaning to buy my niece a pair of these uber nice footwear and decided to do it tonight. After all, I was there already.

Two designs caught my eye, and they both had her size. (By the way, she has gigantonormous feet! She's only 15 years old and she's a size 10!) Since I found it difficult to choose, I decided to buy both.



Each pair costs HK$89, so both would be HK$178 - which isn't bad. When I paid for it at the counter, that's when they sprang the surprise. The green and white pair was on sale, and instead of $89, it now cost only $45! Now the violet one was part of a special promotion. With any purchase of any Ipanema sandal, I'd only have to pay $29 for it! So that's two times the savings, all at one go.

So instead of paying $178, I ended up paying $76!!! Of course, I left the store with a huge smile on my face. Pleasant surprises are the best!

===============================================

Then there's this other scene that would probably make Arnie and Happy hyperventilate and palpitate. I dropped by Mango and saw that the sales clerks were now putting the sale price tags on their regular items.

Those neon orange sale tags were scattered all over the floor, just waiting to be stuck on all those racks of clothes. And this can only mean one thing:

Mango is already on sale!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I leave first my conviction about social sin and tell you that those are really good looking flipflops.

[chocoley] said...

wow that was a big size of feet, and well it was a good a pair though.

Dazed and Confused said...

Well LOML (you know what that means, eh, Mark?), personally, I think Havaianas are a social sin, too. Heck, they're just spartan slippers from Brazil! But hey, these "designer-esqe slippers" are for my niece, so spending for them is valid. Plus, it was on sale, so it's not too much of a sin. And i'm glad it passed your stringent standards.

Yes, Ley, my niece has huge feet. No surprise since her parents wear size 12 and size 9 shoesies.

arniedelusong said...

Social sin aside, I have the requisite Havainas. Just ONE pair. AND one pair of Ipanemas. :)