Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Gang's all here!

It's been a long time since I've last been to Horizon Plaza - more than a year in fact. Today, I had to go back because of a travel piece I'm working on. So after lunch, Melvin and I hopped on the bus and made our way there.

And why do people go to Horizon Plaza? For name brand shopping, of course! This is the perfect place to buy your Stella, Alberta, Dolce & Gabbana, Reem, Barney, and Diane. After all, it's where Joyce and Lane Crawford send their off-season clothes. To dispose of them, they mark down the price down to about 80% off, and getting a Lanvin gown for 20% of the price is enough to get people trekking to this off-the-map area. (But still, 20% of a $50,000 gown is still $10,000!)

Strangely, I've never bought anything there in my previous visits. And the reason why is stated above in italics. Being a consummate bargain hunter, I know that there are better buys out there - and I find them most of the time. ($200 for a Marc Jacobs. Duh!)

Today proved to be different, though. The moment Melvin and I parted ways, this surge of shopping energy flowed through my body. Soon enough, I was swiftly scouring the racks for the names that my sisters like, and surprisingly, they had the perfect style, the perfect size, and most importantly, the perfect price! In less than an hour, I had the gang along with me at the cash register.

Yup, I went home with Catherine, Roland, Diane and Tracy.






Yup, I went home in good company today. And by the looks of it, I might find myself going back there really soon. Have to get together with Narciso, Nanette, Paul & Joe, Emilio, Vera, Olivier...

No comments: