Thursday, June 14, 2007

Seeing Green

Feeling a bit famished and quite intrepid this Thursday, I finally decided to go down to the McDonald's store nearby and try this!



Yup, I've mustered enough guts to try the Green Tea and Red Bean Sundae. Since it's a "Shrek" related product, the topping was really Shrek Green. While I was examining it, part of my was expecting the goo to jump out of the cup and crawl around the table. Thankfully, it didn't.



The sundae isn't as bad as it looks. The topping does have a hint of green tea taste, but it's been overpowered a vanilla flavour, which I reckon comes from both the ice cream and the topping's sweetener. The red beans add an interesting texture in the mix, and I like how it disintegrates in my mouth leaving that thick, bean-paste taste.

Well, at least I've ticked that off the "to-try" list. Yes it's good, but I prefer the Haagen-Dazs Green Tea ice cream better.

3 comments:

ron cruz said...

that reminds me of one episode of ghost buster when egon stuffed slimer in a blender... that sundae looks nasty! but i guess there's nothing's nastier than that "wasabe" ice cream that i tried in tokyo...

ewwww! from then on, i promise not to put anything green and creamy near my mouth (except for pistaccio icecream, ofcourse)

Anonymous said...

Oh god, the topping looks hideous! It looked like it came out of an alien or something. Hehe.

Dazed and Confused said...

Well, as Kermit the Frog once said, "It ain't easy being green." And i'm sure this sundae feels exactly the same thing. Hahaha.

But if they do have it in Manila, Ron, try it. You just might find it yummy.