Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Here fishy-fishy...

Two factors determined today's choice for a lunch venue. One, it was still raining and going anywhere far would result in sloshing back to the office. Two, my meeting extended well beyond lunch time, so I should buy something fast and filling. And the best option that's near, fast and filling was:

McDonald's!

They have a special Shrek meal to celebrate the opening of the movie on the last week of June. (And to think it's been showing in Manila since May. Talk about late.) The meal had a medium drink, a corn cup, and the main dish is:

Double Filet O' Fish!

Filet O' Fish is my all-time favourite sandwich. (Besides, one of the few things I can eat at McDonald's.) So having a double dose of Filet doubles my lunch enjoyment. Yup, some people get excited over Big Mac's two-all-beef-patties-special-sauce
-lettuce-cheese-pickles-onions-on-a-sesame-seed-bun, while others get excited over Double Cheeseburger. I, on the other hand, get excited over this:

Yum! Two servings of fish in one sandwich. What's not to love about that. I'm sure Mark will love this sandwich, too, because he's also a big Filet-O-Fish fan. (That's what he had during our first lunch.)

Another part of the Shrek Meal offering was a green tea and red bean sundae. It looked very appealing on the photo, so I was going to order one.

Good thing the girl beside me at the counter ordered it before me. When I caught a glimpse of it, the sundae looked like something that Linda Blair puked on while she was still possessed. The green had this slimy colour, and I immediately ricocheted. Maybe I'll save that order until I'm really, really, really hungry.

4 comments:

ron cruz said...

now i want that double fishy sandwch... ayan mapapababa tuloy ako para maghanap nyan... kaguton blogs mo HEHEHE

Dazed and Confused said...

I hope it's available in Manila. But if it isn't, you can always buy two Filet-O-Fish sandwich and do the DIY version. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Wow... double filet-o-fish. Dropped by Mcdo in Muikamachi and they don't have that yet. Awww... I want. I want. I want.

Dazed and Confused said...

Well, why don't you come over to Hong Kong and I can buy you one. Or two. Or three.