Monday, June 04, 2007

The Eagle has landed... sort of...


A month after I placed my order on-line, the package from American Eagle finally arrived. It was strange how long it took them to deliver it, considering my last order came a week after I made my purchase. Maybe it's the crazy sale season and multitudes have been on-line shopping in the U.S. But as they say, better late than never.

Looking at the package, I knew something was amiss. My order was for 7 t-shirts and 2 pairs of jeans. And what I got was a small, thin plastic bag.

Yup, upon closer scrutiny, my order was incomplete. After checking out the order slip attached, the delivery only consisted of 4 t-shirts. Nothing more, nothing less.



First thing that came to mind was: WHAT?!?! NO JEANS!!! Dang! I saw and placed an order for 2 low rise, straight fit jeans and none of them was in the package? The inhumanity! The pain! The injustice! The nerd! (As my former secretary would say.) I immediately called their 24-hour toll free number (and no, they didn't sound like they were Filipinos) to ask what happened. It turns out that the 2 jeans I ordered in my size were already out of stock the week before they posted it on the site. Ergo, it was back ordered, they tried to wait for the jeans to be back in stock. Ergo, my order came later than it should. But why were the jeans not there? It wouldn't be available anytime soon, so they just shipped whatever was available.

It's uber frustrating! I really wanted those jeans.

Aside from that, the 3 other shirts I ordered were also out of stock. I would've been major league disappointed if not for the fact that my favourite shirt - the one that I eyed and ordered first - was available.



But I still want those jeans. Oh well, back to the website...

1 comment:

Therese San Diego said...

So you're a jean addict, huh? You should check out Defacto Industry. They have iPod engineered jeans, metallic jeans and more. You can also have your denims customized. Check out http://defactory.multiply.com =)

I love your blog, by the way. Keep posting! ^_^