Sunday, June 10, 2007

Details of a Saturday

Despite the rainy weather that inspires me to just lie in bed and read magazines the whole day, I managed to haul myself out of the flat yesterday and do something productive. Then again, compared to vegging out in bed the whole day, counting the number of windows at BP International Hotel is productive.

Not that I counted windows the entire day.

First, I was able to meet up with Ovvian and Romina for lunch. Looks like Ovvian is fast becoming part of the fashionable society landscape of Manila as she appeared in 2 fashion magazines last May. First was Preview, and the other was Mega. We met up for lunch, and I brought them to my favorite kebab place in TST - Ebeneezer's!



Ovvian ordered the Margherita pizza with extra feta cheese and Romina ordered the Moussaka with salad. They both loved the food, which was a relief because I've been raving about it before we got there. There's nothing worse than over-hype. Good thing the hype I did lived up to its promise. My favourite in this restaurant is their Greek Salad pita - and Mark is calling me a goat for liking it. (Me-e-e-e-, Me-e-e-e-e. Hehehe.)



But I eschewed being a goat today and ordered the fish tikka kebab. Here's the detail of my kebab - the red bits are fish fillet - yum! We stayed a bit longer at Ebeneezer's since it began to pour outside. Good thing the place was airconditioned, making it a perfect place to shield ourselves from the humid and wet weather outside.

Then the three of us hied off to Uniqlo. Romina liked their t-shirts and the design details that were on them. Ovvian liked this frilly blouse because of the detailed cut and shape. And I liked last afternoon's visit because of this little detail.




Hmmm... Ballon skirt. Maybe it's shaped like a well.

Then, the three of us went our separate ways and I had to pass by Jordan to buy some provisions. En route there, I saw one of my favourite shopping haunts just so see if there's anything interesting and new. And indeed, there was. Ate Bullet is liking black and white these days, and I found a perfect black and white dress. Nope, it wasn't the colour that made it perfect - it was the detail that made it so.



This is the hem of the dress. It had this intricate morrocan-style embroidery in black thread, which popped out against the white cloth. The craftmanship of this dress was impeccable. Plus the fabric is cotton and linen, which makes it go well for both day and night events.

Here's another detail, the bodice. It still has that same embroidery, but the pattern now is more chain-like. The black thing on top is the bustier type top.



When I checked out the size, VOILA! It was Ate Bullet's size. It was a sign. It was fate. It was me trying to justify yet another purchase. Hahaha.

But really, the dress was uber cheap. Considering it was made by one of the top labels in New York, and the attention to detail is remarkable - the dress was actually a steal. I showed it to Arnie this morning, and her reaction was: "Ay p@#* first prize ka na. Ang ganda!"

Yup, that detailed comment from my uber fashion forward friend is proof enough that it was indeed an excellent buy.

2 comments:

arniedelusong said...

yeah it's so tocca. :) lovely. as usual, your merchandizing skills are stellar (mccartney hehehe)

Dazed and Confused said...

And for that reason, Arnie, fly over to Hong Kong and let's go on a shopping expedition. You'll be amazed at what we can find.

Hindi ba Stellar (Suarez. Hahaha.)