Thursday, June 07, 2007

O Sole Mio

I already had lunch planned in my mind. I'm supposed to have Vietnamese Shrimp noodles at Food Republic because it has been more than a month since my last meal there and my taste buds were craving for something light and has hints of lemongrass. But when I got there, the lunch crowd was thicker than usual. The queue at the Vietnamese place was around 20+ people, and my stomach couldn't muster the wait.

But as my former secretary says: "It's a blessing in the skies." My search for another place to grab a meal led me to Munch - an Italian fast food that also has a branch in TST. And Munch led me to this:



The Grilled Sole set. According to the poster, this is very new in their menu, like 6 days new. It's part of a new "grilled set" offering which also offers sirloin, grilled chicken, and a mixed set which includes pork, bacon and sausage. (Cholesterol-mania!) The Grilled Sole looked promising, so I went for that.

I'm glad I did. The sole is very fresh, with just a hint of sweetness. The serving was big and thick, and they had this light, cream sauce over it. The sauce complemented not only the fish, but the veggies as well. The beans were uber crunchy and the corn was... well... corn.



The set also came with a salad! While I was digging in, my mind was saying: "well, this is something healthy for a change." Hahaha.



This was an excellent meal for the price I paid. But whilst it's very satisfying, my mind is still asking me: "Where's my Vietnamese Shrimp noodles?"

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

2 comments:

ron cruz said...

hi, nice blog site... can i link this to my page? (wrongcruise.blogspot.com)

Dazed and Confused said...

Hi Ron, thanks for dropping by. Sure, you're welcome to link away. Will be popping by your blog every so often, too.