Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wet Weekend!



I call it Typhoon Chanchu's belated revenge.

When the Typhoon was supposed to hit last week, all we got was a bit of strong winds and a lot of broken umbrellas. No torrential rains, no heavy downpours, no water gushing all over -- just wind.

Then today happened. While my sister-in-law and I were busy scouring the shops for Hong Kong stuff, the rains came. Initially, it was just a drizzle, then it poured! It poured hard that the MTR had a lot of little puddles inside, and the street were hard to maneuver because it was very slippery. But being the shopping hounds, we were undeterred and continued on with our meandering and foraging for cool stuff. And yes, we were able to shop for a lot!

My sister-in-law was wise enough to dress up for the rain, wearing denim capris and flip flops. Me, I was dressed in my everyday uniform of jeans and Chuck Taylors. And by the end of our 7 hour shopping odyssey, my pants and shoes were soaked to the bone. They were so soaked, there was a *slush* sound whenever I walked, and my jeans were heavier than usual. After dropping her off at the hotel, I went home all soggy and happy.

This is how soggy I am right now.

Interestingly, the tram I rode is quite unique compared to the other trams I've been riding in Hong Kong for the past few years. For starters, the stairwell going to the top floor was on the left instead of the right. Then, the interiors are prettier than the usual trams I take. For starters, the seats are made of dark wood and rattan, which reminds me of the old buttacas in my Lolo's beach house. Also, the interiors are a mix of dark green and dark wood, with some interesting lights. This gave the tram a home-y feel which is growing on me, big time!


Whist the tram feels home-y, it isn't home. So right now, all I can think of is getting back to my flat, taking off these wet clothes, changing to my boxers, hop in bed, hide under my comforter and sleep.

After all, this is the best thing to do during wet weekends like today.

No comments: