Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shopping three-peats!

With my knees back to normal, I’ve resumed visiting my favorite shopping haunts to see what I missed last week while I was in Manila.

The wonderful thing about shopping in factory outlets in Hong Kong is that you can expect stocks to be replenished almost every week. It seems like the factories in China are in overdrive, and the wares arrive here in record time.

And replenished they did! There were so many cool finds in store already, and this got me into a bit of a buying frenzy.

It started with this Abercrombie and Fitch polo in yellow.


Being a self-confessed A&F fanatic, it’s always a thrill to find A&F stuff outside of the U.S. I love their polos, especially the feel of the velvet lining around my neck and at the hem. This shirt fit me so well, I couldn’t help but buying a couple more – three more to be exact.


Then I came across this Express knitted, cap sleeved blouse in Aqua.


My sister asked me to buy her some flattering knits since she’s in post-partum mode and still trying to regain her old shape. Nice knit blouses are very flattering and comfortable, which makes it a must-have for every woman who just gave birth.

The great thing about this particular knit blouse is that the material is skimming rather than hugging, and the neckline is a deep V that can be further pulled down to become an off-shoulder blouse. Again, it looked so nice that I ended up buying a couple more – three more to be exact.


In another store, there was a rack of shirts with uber-funky embroidery. It used yarn in vibrant colors, and it reminded me of Kamiseta’s collection last season. The first one had this cute butterfly and a call to action line that every person should take to heart.


Then, there’s this other shirt with a bird embroidery that reminds me of our little brown Maya back home. It was perched on this crawling vine with flowers that dominated the whole shirt.


Another shirt had the word “Juicy” emblazoned on it, along with two horse-looking figures strategically perched on both sides of the chest.



These shirts were so eye-catching and young looking, I decided to buy them for my niece. She’s at that age when she likes adult fitting shirts but with teen inspired designs (like Emily the Strange and Hollister Co.) Given there were a lot of nice designs, I ended up buying a couple more – three more to be exact.


Having had my fill of cool clothes, and because my hands were full of bags at this point, I decided to head on home. Like a happy camper, there was a spring in my step as I walked home because aside from my new A&F shirts, my sister and niece would have new shirts too.

Further proof that good things really do come in threes!

No comments: