Friday, May 19, 2006

Good week = Happy Weekend

- Two concepts we made for a new product were L-O-V-E-D by client. My colleague tells me that the reaction of the country manager was: "You're really spoiling us with all these excellent concepts."
- Thought of 3 dynamite concepts for a print ad in less than 5 minutes!
- I'm getting involved in a project for India because, "you've got the best mind for the job."
- And yes, our ad made cover of Campaign Brief Asia. wooohoooo!

Other reasons why it's a good week:

- Was able to get tickets for Da Vinci Code for tomorrow. Got good seats, which is quite rare.
- I successfully fought the urge to shop this week. Although I was in Granville 3 out of 5 days, and eventhough there were super bargains just waiting to be purchased, I used all my strength and discipline to fight it. And was able to!
- My former student sent me Goldilocks Polvoron from Manila, which was a very sweet thing to do. As Goldilocks' tagline says: How thoughful. How Goldilocks.
- The typhoon didn't hit Hong Kong hard, which means I can still forego buying an umbrella.
- My favorite shirts didn't shrink when I sent them to the laundry.
- Discovered a good Chicken Madras and Nan place near the office.

And the best reason to celebrate the week:

- I'm going home and laze around the next few days!

Por fin! Es fin de semana!

3 comments:

Somnambulist Nocturnal said...

the opening day (thursdy) was madness here in Manila. An officemate passed by the Eastwood cinemas at AM breaktime and she couldn't believe that so many people really lined up so early just to catch the first showing at 11am.

heard that a lot of people have been calling hours or even days earlier to get good seats. i just checked click the city and was shocked to know that gateway had 5 or 6 cinemas dedicated to showing the da vinci code over the weekend.

anyway, ill probably watch when the hype is over. we know how the novel ended anyway. =)

Anonymous said...

glad you had a good, errr, great week! managed to get good seats at shangri-la for da vinci code, and man i enjoyed that movie! congrats on the cover of your award-winning ad. that's just brilliant! :-) have a fun time in manila!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Marlon, yup, all the controversy over DVC must have inspired people to watch it. Hype does count when it comes to movies - reminds me of all the hoopla about Titanic some years back. I haven't read the book (probably one of the 2 people who haven't), so i'm going to watch the movie with a fresh eye. Actually, I just want to see Audrey Tautou.

Hey Mark. Shangri-la is always a good place to watch a movie because it doesn't get as crowded as the mainstream cinemas. I also love the My Globe Cinema at Gateway. It reminds me of the premium cinemas in Bangkok, as well as Palace Cinema in Causeway Bay. And thanks for the congratulatory note. It's great when the things you do for fun are actually recognized as something noteworthy.