Thursday, May 04, 2006

Gray matters

While looking for lunch in Wan Chai this afternoon, I ran into an old acquaintance who I haven't seen in quite a while. Needless to say, he was surprised to see me in Hong Kong, and remarked that my appearance has changed since we last saw each other.

The most peculiar comment he made was regarding my hair. He asked me:

"Did you have your hair colored?"

To which I replied:

"No, why?"

And he said:

"Because it has that nice, gray color."

In my mind, I wanted to hit him on the nape with the back of my hand and say: "Grays aren't the result of hair color you doofus, it's the result of age!" But of course, that wasn't what I did. I simply smiled and said: "No hair color here, it's all natural."

Hmmmm... he must have had his hair colored so many times, the chemicals must've seeped in his skull and affected his brain.

No comments: