Friday, June 01, 2012

FMM: Swinging Emotions

Except maybe for my Dad, everyone in the family likes to dance - in one form or another. When we were kids, we'd have "dance parties" in the neighborhood, and each group would have to perform a dance number. I even remember performing "Street Beat" in one of those parties. (shudder)

One dance that I've always liked watching is the swing. I first learned the swing during Emin's debut, and eventually learned more about it since my Mom, Kuya Marv and Ate Lissa all dance the swing.

And that's how I learned to appreciate the swing music from the 70s. There are actually lots - lots and lots - of songs that you can swing to in the 70s. After all, it's the disco era. You've got Earth, Wind and Fire, Shalamar, Stylistics, Stephanie Mills, Van McCoy, Cheryl Lynn, Donna Summer - just to name a few.

Hands down, one of my favorite group is The Emotions. They're the group who sang the ever popular Swing ditty, "Best of my Love." And this is the song that I would hear a lot during Friday Magic Madness.

Since it's a Friday, what the hey, let the music play!

No comments: