Monday, June 11, 2012

Charlize - not an angel

Just like Chris Hemsworth, one actor who looks like she's having a film fest this week is Charlize Theron. She has two movies showing in Manila simultaneously, and in both flicks, she's playing the main villain.

First, there's her turn as Queen Ravena in "Snow White and the Huntsman." I'm interested to see this movie because of her, but what keeps me away is the thought of Kristen Stewart's "I'm constipated" acting style.


Second, she plays Meredith Vickers in "Prometheus." Here, she plays a suit (in a very snazzy, futuristic suit) who manipulates the people in her intergalactic mission. I've only seen the trailer, but she looks wonderfully wicked and icy in the few scenes that I saw.


As much as I'm against typecasting, I must say that Charlize looks better as a villain. There's something beautifully, wickedly ethereal about her. Maybe it's her height, her features, or her icy demeanor, but she has "villain" written all over her. I just can't imagine her playing a damsel in distress or in a rom-com. (Although I think was in "Young Adult," which I still haven't watched.)

 In Charlize's case, it's really good to be bad.


No comments: