Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fat Albert

Whenever I was in the Benelux area, one of my favorite destinations was Albert Heijn. I'm a supermarket junkie, and this was THE supermarket to go to whenever you're in Belgium, The Netherlands and Luxemborg. 

I still remember how I'd enjoy going through each shelf to try and find something interesting and unique to buy. My favorites back then were the raisin bun and the Spa Blau. 

It's been years since I've been to Albert Heijn. But as the saying goes: "If Mohammed can't come to the mountain, let the mountain come to Mohammed." 

So, Albert Heijn comes to me. In the form of these two goodies!


First, there's the calorrific Stroopwafels! I swear, each piece of this must contain a gazillion calories! And of course, Belgian chocolates. Still the best in the world.


Thank goodness for pasalubongs from Albert Heijn. Even the ones designed to make you fat.

No comments: