Friday, June 08, 2012

FMM: Chime in

There's something relaxing and happy about the sound of chimes. During my childhood in our house in Morato, we'd have chimes in the main doors, and whenever I'd hear it ring, I'd immediately check out who arrived.

In my room, I also placed chimes on the door and one near the window. And usually, I'd wake up to the tingling of metal, which always put me in the right mood.

Maybe that's why I also like songs that have that have an element of chimes to it.

Right now, two songs come to mind, and they're two of my favorite songs from the 80s. I'm not really sure if they're considered as chime sounds, but the intro of these two songs have this light, organ sounds that do remind me of chimes.

First, this uppity song by Stephanie Mills:



Second, this song by Madonna which was done before she got all new age and odd:



Notice how the two songs start the same? That's the happy sound that makes me enjoy these songs even more.

No comments: