Sunday, April 01, 2012

Minnie and Maya

Minnie Ripperton is one of my favorite singers. She's reponsible for one of the biggest hits of the 80s that everyone loved and sang along with -- "Loving You." Actually, that song is still popular until now, with everyone from Karaoke fanatics and stand-up comics doing their take on this iconic song. She also sang "Never Existed Before," which is also on top of my favorite songs list, and something I listen to whenever I want to just chill out. Whatever song she sings, Minnie has the ability to sing it beautifully.

Maya Rudolph is one of my favorite actresses. From the moment I saw her on SNL, and after seeing her in so many great comedy movies, including "Bridesmaids," I became a big fan of her comic timing. She has that good balance of physical comedy and wit, which is a delicate thing to balance. But Maya does it beautifully.

Imagine my surprise when I found out that one of my favorite singers and favorite actresses are linked together. It turns out that Minnie Ripperton is Maya Rudolph's mom!



I see beautiful talent runs in the family.

No comments: