Monday, April 30, 2012

A day at the Museum

Yesterday, I decided to bring my classmates and one of our instructors on a mini-tour around Manila. 

Since our seminar started, all they've seen was their hotel, our school, Harrison Plaza, and the occasional trip to MOA or Roxas Boulevard. So, I promised them that I'd bring them to some of the more interesting historical sites in Manila.

And one of the places where I took them was the National Museum of the Filipino People.

Since I was in High School, I've always enjoyed going to the National Museum. And it provides a good snapshot of our history and culture - which they asked me to explain a lot of. Thank goodness I was attentive during our Kasaysayan 1 and 2 classes.

One of their favorite parts of the museum was the exhibit of the Philippine Art Awards.


They really took the time to study each piece and discuss among themselves. Also, they were impressed at the quality of creativity and the technical skill that went into each piece. 


And that's just the modern art. When I brought them to the National Art Gallery, they were even more impressed.

I should take my classes here next time. 

No comments: