Monday, April 16, 2012

LFLTAT: Hiss-terical

This weekend, there was a 3-Day sale at SM Cubao. And as any avid shopper will tell you, SM Department Store is a treasure trove to treats when they're on sale.

I dropped by SM Cubao after lunch, and I had 2 treats. First, I saw my cousin who I haven't seen in almost 20 years. It was such a pleasant surprise to see Ate Mayette and Auntie Coring. We had the requisite hugging and picture taking (inside SM Department Store!) and played catch up even if we only had a few minutes.

The time they saw me, I was actually checking out this interesting piece of clothing. It was a pair of python print leggings. A few months back, this hiss-inducing was all the rage in the U.S. In fact, there were a lot of fast fashion brands who rode on the snake skin trend, and here's one example:



Using this as a peg, I grabbed the python print leggings and made it part of the Look For Less That A Thousand that I found that day.



The main piece, of course, is the python print leggings. It's a bit edgy, but it fits the current trend of printed bottoms. While the print du jour are florals, (I can hear Mark saying: "Florals, for spring. Groundbreaking.") this is a more unconventional choice. The color of the print is black, white, gray and beige, which tones it down considerably. And since it's on sale, this pair was a steal at P275.00



To make it feel more casual and less party, I chose a black top that isn't as form fitting or slinky as the leggings. And it brought me to this oversized black polo. It's long and loose, which provides ample coverage. Also, keeping the top loose makes the whole look more carefree and less slinky. Let's leave that combo for the clubs.



The black polo shirt was P229.75, so when you put these together, you have an on-trend look for only P504.75!

You just gotta love SM Department Store.

No comments: