Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wrap Star

Last Saturday, D' Frendz's resident fashion star (and Ms. size 0) Lezyl celebrated her birthday. First, we had dinner at Bistro Miyake and had a Japanese feast. It was my first time to eat there, and their food is good. Apres dinner, it was off to Cara Mia for the usual gelato and cake.



Being a fashion plate, I had to make sure that I wrapped my gift in a way that's befitting a fashionista. So, I scoured the racks of gift wrappers and notions, and managed to come up with this fashion forward take on gift wrapping.



My base was this red and black tie dyed wrapper that I got at National Book store. It's so chic and it actually looks like fabric. Which is the reason why I got it.



Then, I bought two types of ribbon - a thick satin ribbon in black, and a thinner organza ribbon in red. Then, I tied the two together to form an obi-belt type of pattern on the gift.



Judging by Lezyl's comment - which was echoed by the other Frendz - she liked the wrapping a lot. So much, in fact, that she said that she doesn't want to open the gift.

I told her that she should, because what's inside is as fashionable as the wrapper outside.

No comments: