Sunday, March 11, 2012

Formalities aside...

Here's a first in my many years of teaching at SSC.

I'm wearing something formal!



Yes, that's me. Although some students actually didn't recognize me. Seriously. That's what a change in outfit can do.

The reason why were were in our Filipiniana attire was because of the Hildegarde Awards that we held yesterday. It's the school's annual recognition of women in media. One of our awardees, Gilda Cordero-Fernando, came in a Salvador Bernal terno. Ergo, we had to look as spiffy as she did.

There were a lot of amusing reactions to my first formal outing.

One student said: "Sir, bagay kayong naka-barong. Para kayong si Ken. Kulang na lang, Barbie na naka-saya."
Another one said: "Congressman! I mean, sir!"
Finally, the dean: "Wait, wait. I have to have my picture taken with you. This doesn't happen very often."

Amazing what a little formality can do.

No comments: