Thursday, March 08, 2012

Printed Matter

Last week, when I ran into Kin, Sonee and Jayson in Megamall, we started talking about designer collaborations and this brought us to the subject of DVF x Gap. The queen of prints - Diane Von Furstenberg - is designing a capsule collection for Gap kids. And Sonee was thrilled and was planning to get some pieces for her daughter.

Curious as to how the collection looked like, I went on-line to check it out. After seeing some of the pieces, I immediately saw DVF's aesthetic. There were a lot of wrap dresses in vibrant prints. And the only difference is, the dresses were pint sized.

One particular piece that caught my attention was this swimsuit with a spherical print.



I wondered why it looked familiar. And after giving it some thought, I found the answer.

Actually, I found it in the fabric "archive" at home. (Archive meaning a heap of different types of cloth.)



This is an old bolt of fabric that I got in 2008 at a fabric store in Makati. It was purchased the same time as that Oscar dela Renta-esque fabric in tiered prints that Ate Lissa wore to Ia's wedding. That's why I remember that it was in 2008.



It's been buried underneath other cuts of cloth, and I've almost forgotten about it. Thanks to this DVF x Gap swimsuit, the fabric has been resurrected and is out of the pile.

Question now is, what to do with it?

No comments: