Thursday, March 22, 2012

Satisfy my hunger

I never got into the "Hunger Games" trend. All I remember that there was a time that everyone was talking about it. Even Tintin was raving about the book at one point a few years ago. They even had huge billboards of the book, courtesy of National Bookstore. But even those didn't get me any curious about the series.

Now, there's a Hunger Games movie, and according to websites, it's one of the most anticipated movies of 2012. They're saying that this will be the new "Twilight." (And a few years ago, they said that "Twilight" would be the new "Harry Potter," and so on and so forth.) They're even saying that Jennifer Lawrence will be the next Kristen Stewart. Which makes me wonder, what's with all this "the next..." biz.



Just out of curiosity, I asked my niece about the Hunger Games trilogy, and she was able to summarize the 3 books in less than 30 minutes. Yes, the main plot is that simple.

From the sound of it, it's action, sci-fi and violence (with a tad bit of puppy love) all thrown into one. And these elements do make an interesting film.

Well, I'm going to find out how interesting it is. I'm going to join the throngs of tweens who'll watch the movie this weekend, just to satisfy my curiosity about the film.

No comments: