Friday, February 10, 2012

We interrupt your regular program for an advertisement...

Not just any advertisement. But a winning advertisement!

I attended the AdSpeak 12 in Letran, both to join my students and cheer on some seniors whose works are finalists in the Student competition.

Out of more than 500 entries, 6 of my students came out as finalists. And one of them won 2nd runner up in the coveted "Practitioner's Choice" category.

Kekx's entry "Quit" bested entries from heavyweight schools, including UP CFA, which is known for dominating this category. And I'm not surprised that she won. The moment she showed me her entry, I knew that she had a winner. It was deceptively simple, but conceptually sound. The art direction is very tight, and it looks like it was done by a professional.

Here's her winning entry:



While we were walking out of Letran, I felt like a proud Dad and Mentor after seeing my student getting a much deserved award. And I'm sure this is just the first of many awards that will come her way.

No comments: