Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Color story: Jaded

This trip to HKG will probably go down in my annals as the trip where I did the least shopping. After all, how can you think of shopping when you have 10 students to think about 24/7. And aside from that, I had fun watching my students running around and shopping at my favorite haunts like Uniqlo, H&M, Muji and the Fa Yuen Street Market.

Not to say I wasn't able to do any shopping, though. That would be next to impossible. Harhar.

What I did was to synchronize my shopping duties with my students. So, when we'd to to a particular place, I'd give them 30 minutes to an hour. And once they scampered off, I'd do some retail therapy myself. And while I wasn't able to shop much quantity-wise, I had a couple of really good finds.

And these finds are good enough to brand me a jaded shopper. Because some of the items I bought are in one of the colors of the season - Jade!



First, there's this Jade polish from Revlon. Ate Bullet is experimental when it comes to polish, and she appreciated the Midnight Blue, Silver and Chocolate brown polish I got her last year. So, I thought of adding this to her stash, so she'll have one more unusual color to choose from.



And from H&M, a jade colored wrap dress which has this strong Bianca Jagger vibe. I think it's because of the draped and uneven hem, plus the deep V-neck.



I also like the little neck tie detail. It's one detail that gives the dress this retro feel.



Of course, I wouldn't ask Ate to wear both at the same time. Nina Garcia would not approve. (Too matchy-matchy.) But if worn individually, these items are enough to add a unique pop and zing to my sister's fashion repertoire.

And even the most jaded fashionista would agree.

No comments: