Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Following women

Whilst I write on my blog regularly, I can't say the same about my blog reading habits.

I'm not in the habit of reading or following a blog, and the last time I really did that was when Mark was in Japan and he'd chronicle his experiences inside the academic jail erstwhile known as IUJ.

But the past months, I've found myself constantly reading 3 blogs. They're very different in content, tone and personality. Even the age range and personalities of the writers are very disparate, which is one of the reasons why I enjoy reading them all at the same time.

Oh, there's one common thread among the 3 blogs, they're all written by women.



First is Paula Taylor's blog. I liked watching her during her stint as a VJ and during Amazing Race. And she's also one of the reasons my sister got hooked on Plains and Prints.



Second is the blog written by Daphne Osena - Paez. I'm a bit fan of architecture and houses, and I often watched Urban Zone when it was still shown at an earlier time slot. But since it's now shown a tad bit too late, I just read about the houses on her blog.

I like her writing style, too. It's very conversational and casual - almost like hearing her talk. And as my journalism professors always tell me, that's a hallmark of a good writer. Aside from that, I've always like Daphne, ever since I first worked with her on the Myra 300-E campaign a few years back.



Finally, for my fashion, music and art fix, I read Emily McEnroe's blog entitled "Magenta Lightning." I like how she writes, and her view of what's cool. She's the kind of girl you'd want to be around, which makes this blog a place that I'd like to hang around in.

Another good thing about these blogs is that it links to more interesting writers - both men and women. And I have a feeling that I'll be adding more blogs to my frequently visited sites soon.

1 comment:

emily mcenroe said...

thank you so much for the kind words and please keep coming back !!
-Magenta Lightning