Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sweet and Sugoi

When I got home yesterday, I was told that I received a package. And once they showed it to me, I knew where it came from. I knew primarily because of the familiar EMS envelope - an envelope that I received a couple of times when I was still living in HKG.

Yes, it was an EMS package from Tokyo. Courtesy of Mark, of course.



Once I opened the package, I immediately thought: Sugoi! Because the package contained sweets that I've grown to love during my trips to Japan last 2006 to 2008. Seeing these yummy treats brought me back to the time when I'd fly to Japan and visit Mark in IUJail. These goodies were what we'd frequently buy at Jusco during the weekend.



First, I got 2 packs of Caramel Corn. And may I just say that Caramel Corn is The. Best. Snack. Ever. It's got that rich caramel flavor that just envelops every piece of curl. Once you bite into it, the flavor just explodes! Gosh, I'm just keeping myself from tearing open these packs! (Breathe... Breathe...) Aside from the classic Caramel flavor, he sent me the Cheesecake flavor as well.

And may I just say, the packaging of Caramel Corn is just adorable!



Next up, Kitkat! Or as they say in Japan, Kito-kato. Now, these Kitkats are tres unique. It's a variant that can only be found in Japan.



You'd think it's green tea Kitkat, right? Well, think again.



It's Wasabi Kitkat. Awesomeness! I can't wait to try these chocolates. Mark warned me that it's a bit spicy.

And finally, a sweet smelling lotion. Cherry and Vanilla are two scents I love, so having them in one lotion is just perfect.



Sweet treats. Sweet tooth. Sweet scent. Valentine's Day may have passed, but the sweetness just keeps on coming.

No comments: