Saturday, February 04, 2012

First Class

I've been to HKG wearing different hats: a tourist, a Corporate Affairs Officer, an interviewer, a Creative Director, just to name a few.

But this time, I'm in HKG wearing a hat that I've never worn before. And that's the hat of a professor.



Yup, after much discussion with the school administration, I was allowed to take my class on a field trip to the shopping capital of Asia. (It's actually the first time they allowed a Mass Comm class to leave the country!) Well, we're on official assignment, so shopping should be the least of our concerns. But hey, this is HKG, so I'm sure shopping will be part of the agenda at one time or another.

It's so nice to be around these students since 90% of them haven't been to HKG yet. So, you can see the awe, wonder and amazement in their eyes as we weave through people, ride the tram and trains, and just explore the streets of the place I used to call home.

What I like about it is the fact that whenever I see their awe, I remember the awe I felt when I first visited this place as a youngster. And it's always great to remember that feeling.



I can't wait to take these girls to the key landmarks here. It's going to be 3 days of awe and excitement.

No comments: