Thursday, February 23, 2012

Va-va-vintage!

Yesterday, on my way to a meeting, I passed through SM Makati in order to get to the cab line. Since that start of the line is near the Forever 21 entrance, I naturally passed through that area. (Yeah, right.)

Near the entrance, there was a silk shirt dress that immediately caught my eye. I stopped for a few minutes to examine it, and I was really floored by how nice it was. Suddenly, the sales girl came up to me and said: "New arrival po yan, sir. Kakalabas pa lang today."

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to examine or buy it. But since there was another meeting in Ortigas that same afternoon, I figured it would be available in Megamall anyway.

Surprise, surprise. It wasn't available in Megamall. Apparently, it was one of those dresses that were in limited stock and was sold only in Makati.

So today, I decided to pass by Forever 21 in Makati en route to my meeting at Unitel. Immediately, I checked out the rack where the dress was yesterday, and there was just one piece left.

One piece left! And in Ate Bullet's size!

It was a sign. It had to come home with me.

And it did.



This dress has such a vintage vibe to it. It's something that Grace Kelly would wear before. And something that Dita Von Teese would wear today. It was vintage in a bombshell kind of way.

The print was also very vintage. The deep, chocolate brown color lent itself well to the concept, and it just made the dress look even more authentic.



To add a contemporary twist to it, it had a leather belt, also in brown.





Add all these up, and you've got a dress that's the epitome of Vintage Chic!

And I got the last piece.

Woot!

No comments: