Monday, February 20, 2012

Suno or later

It's no secret that I'm an admirer of prints. I've always been drawn to colors and repeated patterns ever since I was a kid. Whether it was the trompe l'oeil prints that adorned San Agustin Church, or the paisley print on my Dad's tie, I'd always take time to stop and study prints.

This is one of the reasons why I've always liked looking at the work of Diane Von Furstenberg, Matthew Williamson, Mary Katrantzou, Marimekko and Etro. They have an unabashed love for prints, and they even make their own fabric designs. I admire them for doing that because the combine two creative processes in one.

Another fashion brand that I discovered recently also has a unabashed love for prints. And after seeing some of their work, I was floored by the quality of the prints and the thought process that goes into each one of their creations.

Suno is the fashion line of Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty. Their creations are characterized by their wild prints and their attention to detail. I like how they take a seemingly unfashionable concept and turn it into wearable art. For example, they had this print inspired by a glass blower:



And they transformed it into this chic dress.



This beautiful vector like print looks like something out of a digital artist's portfolio:



And they were able to transform it into this relaxed dress.



Suno is fast gaining a following, both in the US and the rest of the world. I hope that one of the fast fashion brands will pick them up and do a collaboration with them sooner or later. That would be another collaboration worth waiting for.

No comments: