Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Access to Accessories

Once upon a time, when people wanted to buy accessories, the only place they could go to was Marcella's. (Yes kids, there was a time when Marcella's was ok.)

A few years later, Cindy Carol came along. And another few years later, you could get accessories at Girl Shoppe. Needless to say, it was slim pickins back then. It was more than slim, it was super slim.

But these days, accessory lovers are spoilt for choice.

For starters, there's the Accessories department of SM Department store. They're always stocked with nice items, like that tasseled necklace I saw a few days back.

Head off to the mall and you have Aldo Accessories, Accessorize, Parfois, Forever 21 Accessories, and some other smaller brands. So, the fashionistas of today really have better access to nice accoutrements.

I dropped by Robinson's Place after school, and I saw this new accessory store in their Midtown wing. It's a shop called Diva, and judging by the price tags, I reckon this is an Aussie brand.



They've got a nice selection of accessories that range from classic (pearls, hardware) to trendy (feathers, tassels.) And surprisingly, they're priced very well considering the quality of the items they carry.

I didn't have time to really look around since I was about to go home. But the next time I'm in that area, I'll definitely allot some time to know this Diva a bit more.

No comments: