Saturday, December 30, 2006

Reality Check

While the Melrose gang was having dinner tonight, the "fly-ins" were seated in the same area at the far end of the table. There was Rache from Australia, Claire from New Jersey, Rommel from Singapore and myself from Hong Kong.

In one of the lull moments, Rache asked the question that the 4 of us dreaded:

"Are you ready to fly back home?"

Of course, all of us shook our heads and tried to ignore the question. Because the truth is, we weren't. It's been more than 2 weeks since we all arrived in Manila, and the past 2 weeks were just wonderful.

But of course, in a few days, we'd all have to fly back to reality. Rache is flying out first on the 2nd of January, followed by Rommel, myself and Claire.

It's times like these that I wonder why I'm even out of the country when I have so much here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cliche as it may sound, there is really no place like home. So I decided that I'm spending Christmas and New Year in Manila next year. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

awwww.... That is so sweet! I've been tempted to go out and follow my parents way out in Europe but I cannot fathom spending a minute outside of Pinas! I love it here!


Happy New Year!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Mark. I'm glad to hear that you'll be back in Manila next Christmas. By that time, Greenbelt 5 and Glorietta North EDSA might be open already. You can add that to the long list of things to look forward to.

Hey Alex. Yup, I love it here, too.