Friday, December 01, 2006

Presenting presents for the present

Inspired by receiving my first Christmas present, i've finished wrapping my first batch of Christmas gifts as well. In lieu of just wrapping gifts with whatever wrapper that Hallmark has available, I've been taking the high road the past few years and assigning a "theme" for my Christmas wrapping. Last year, my theme was "Chinese Christmas." In honor of my then-move to Hong Kong, my presents were wrapped in Chinese newspapers (bought in Binondo) and wrapped with a red ribbon. The year before that, it was "Zen Christmas" where a plain silver wrapper interacted with black ribbons.

This year, I've decided to added a splash of color and a dash of richness for one set of gifts. And the result is this year's theme # 1: "Christmas Riches." First, I chose a wrapper with a very deep and rich red color. Surrounding it are prints of ornaments in jewel tones: emerald, green, and gold.


To add richness to it, i've decided to put two satin ribbons: one in gold, and the other in a jewel color. For this particular gift, it was deep purple. And as a punctuation, i've added a gold star as an ornament.


The next set also follows the same color scheme, but with a different wrapper. The other batch from the "Christmas Riches" series features a burgundy wrapper with gold writing on top. I've never really gotten around to trying to decipher what's written, but mesuspects that it's a Christmas carol. Or then again, it just might be "Merry Christmas" in different languages.

Then, I added two satin ribbons of the same hue as the wrapper: burgundy and gold. Since the wrapper is made of kraft paper and is matte, the sheen of the ribbons really pop out. And this makes for an uber interesting combination.


Like the first set, I've also added ornaments on these ones. But instead of stars, I chose Christmas icons in gold colors. This particular one has a santa that's jumping for joy. I hope the person who gets this will have the same reaction.



After wrapping the 8 or so boxes at home, I had a kick looking at the finished set of gifts. Now i'm excited to give them away so that it'll take its rightful place under a Christmas tree really soon.

Now, it's time to work on theme number 2.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its really nice thing. woo ricky reyes!!! yippy. anyway i like the motif of your xmas presents. with some satin ribbon. its so nice and the dangling one... The spirit is really near. I hope you got my card that i send u in your bday!! im just wondering.. btw your part of it. Im one year blog anniversaryy..

Anonymous said...

So creative! How I wish I could send wrapped presents back home, but they would have just taken up so much space in the package. I like your idea of hanging stars/Santas, mind if I copy it? :-) Advanced Merry Christmas!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hola Neil. Yes, I received the birthday card you sent. Muchissima Gracias! That was a really thoughtful gesture and it's greatly appreciated.

Hey Mark. I'm sure you can get a lot more interesting ornaments to hang on your gifts, so go ahead and hang some stars, santas and other interesting stuff on your gifts. Enjoy your first Christmas in Norway!

Dazed and Confused said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.