Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Triple Yum!

Whilst this might seem like a post about Jollibee, it's not. Although I must say that my feelings of longing for Jollibee grow stronger every day! Too bad they don't have chicken strips, brownie sundae and choco-mallow pie here in Hong Kong. Thank goodness Erwin and I were able to sneak in some Bee-time last Monday when I was in Makati. It was great eating those "super meals" again.

But I digress...

My friend from the U.S. emailed me about Bath and Body works' latest Christmas Collection. Their new scents are inspired by the tastes and flavors of the holidays. They have a whole line of products - from lotion, moisturizer, body shimmer, and shower gels - carrying 5 different scents. Each one is simply mouthwatering - and almost good enough to eat. (This reminds me of that time when Victor was so enamoured by the smell of chocolate flavored lip balm that he actually ate it! Ewww!) But instead of making me drool with 5, she only sent me the top 3 scents which she thought I'd be interested in:

Yum # 1: Caramel Popcorn


Yum # 2: Hot Chocolate


Yum # 3: Twisted Peppermint.


Honestly, the first 2 seem conceptually yummy, but I can't imagine anyone putting that on their skin. It conjures up images of red fire ants suddenly attacking your body after following the sweet scent trail. The Twisted Peppermint, though, is uber appealing! I've always been attracted to minty scents, and this one looks like a winner.

The two other scents she didn't send me were Gingerbread and Pumpkin Pie. (Pumpkin Pie? Can you say gross?) I checked the Bath & Body works website and felt that the Gingerbread lotion has promise. I've always loved the scent of freshly baked ginger snaps and gingerbread men. And if that's how this lotion smells, then I'll probably dig it, too.

Well, I'll have a chance to know how the Gingerbread and Twisted Peppermint variants smell like this December. Rache, who's currently in Vegas, said she'd get me a bottle of each one the next time she goes to the mall.

(Oh my gosh, I'm having a major deja vu moment just now! I should play Beyonce's "deja vu" to further set the mood...)

In two weeks or so, Rache, myself and the whole Melrose gang will be meeting up for a long-awaited, major reunion. Aside from Rache (coming from Australia and the US), there's Claire (from New York), Rommel (from Singapore) and me! Hopefully, Rache will have these two bottles for me when we meet that time. Then Christmas will definitely be yummy!

No comments: