Thursday, December 07, 2006

The low down on the skinny

When Rache and I were chatting yesterday, she asked me if I had a pair of skinny jeans and that it should look good on me. Of course, my answer was to the negative. Although the "skinny jean" phenomenon is big in Hong Kong, I've never really subscribed to it. The closest I got to owning one was when my friend Mel forced me to try on this pair from Uniqlo. Eventhough he said that it looks smashing on me, I thought it was too... hmmm... 80s.

But as I was poring through my jean closet this morning in search for something to wear, I made a suprising discovery:

I actually have a pair of skinny jeans!

This pair must've been in my closet for more than a year already. But because of the large number of jeans that I have, it was pushed back too far to be noticed - until today, of course. It's a pair of Replay Jeans, a bit faded, and with a slim, straight cut. Just for kicks, I tried it on, and...

and...

and it fits perfectly!

Not only is the pair skinny, it's really, really low. The best way to describe this pair is this:

- It's low enough that it's hanging on to dear life on my hipbones, and i feel like they're going to fall off if I sneeze.
- It's skinny enough for people to actually know what's in my pocket because they can see the outline. (Heck, they might even be able to count the coins in my coin pocket. Harharhar.)

There was a debate in my mind whether I should wear these to work, though. The reason being they're too "party" and not to "office-y". But heck, since I've had this pair for more than a year and still haven't worn them, I should at least give it a shot.

And what's the reaction here at work?

1. I've been told that I can be a rock star if I wanted to.
2. Someone said that she never noticed that I have evenly shaped legs. (Whatever that means)
3. Horror of horrors! Somebody's been calling me sexy boy the past few hours and he sings Justin Timerlake's "sexy back" whenever I walk by.

Which brings me to my verdict on this pair of low-riding, skinny jeans.

I don't think i'll be wearing them again anytime soon.

No comments: