Sunday, March 19, 2006

PBA Games; Today's object of lust

After more than 5 years, I went to watch another PBA Game. Two teams from the All-Filipino Conference flew in to HK this weekend and played at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium. Melchor had 2 tickets, and since Tanya was in London, he invited me to join him.



Since the tickets were free, my mind was bracing for the worst - a humungous, unruly crowd trying to get the best seats. Surprisingly, there were no queues and people were walking into the stadium in a very disciplined manner. The place was about 85% occupied, but the 85% who were there were the rowdy, noisy, and fun basketball fan types. They came prepared with banners and streamers with messages such as:

- PBA. I love this game! (agh! an NBA rip-off)
- I (heart) PBA! Welcome to Hong Kong!
- MILLER (who turns out to be Johnny Miller, a player with an amazing 3 point track record)
- Purefoods Forever

Yup, the game was between Purefoods and Talk & Text. Melchor and I noticed that most of the players were really new and neither of us knew who they were. Thankfully, old timers like Zandro Limpot and Vergel Meneses provided still played. Asi Taulava was there, and everyone knows who Asi is. Then there was a guy who the Filipinas called: "Mr. Kris Aquino", and he turned out to be James Yap, who is Kris' boyfriend/supposed husband.

It was fun watching a PBA game again. I kept on cheering for Talk & Text (because they had fewer people cheering for them, and I just love underdogs!) In the end, Talk & Text won by more than 20 points, and it gave me a good vibe.

Oh, the absurd half-time games were also fun to watch. When I stepped out of Queen Elizabeth Stadium, it felt like I was stepping out of Araneta Coliseum with Fiesta, watching a Ginebra game. But it only lasted for a few minutes as the chilly wind reminded me that I was still in Hong Kong at the start of Spring.

After the game, I went on-line to check the Spring/Summer 06 collections of denim companies, and I saw this wonderful pair from True Religion:



It's actually an old pair since i've been seeing it in their website for the past few months. But when I clicked on the larger photo, that's when I appreciated the beauty of this pair. It has a nice dark wash that offsets the varying color of denim patches. The rise is perfectly low, and it still keeps the twisted hem style present in all True Religion Jeans.

Next weekend, i'm going to Seibu and Lane Crawford to look for this pair of jeans. And if they're there, it's going to be Jean # 54 for me! (Let it be there. Let it be there!)

No comments: