Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Baktong

My superfriendster Madzie introduced me to this term a year back:

Baktong (n): The unexpected appearance of one's nipples from one's shirt. In Tagalog: Bakat Utong.

I'm having a Baktong day today. It was warm and sunny outside, so I figured it would be safe to wear my regular summer polo shirt. But of course, I forgot that little factoid that it's spring, and the temperature drops in a matter of hours. So here I am, out in the cold, with only a flimsy shirt to cover me. And since it's cold, i am definitely having a "baktong" moment now.

I was hoping that no one would notice. I've been arching my back so that my shirt would loosen up a bit in front. And for a while there, I thought it was working.

But one of my colleagues suddenly walked up to me and said: "So what is it? Is it cold? Or are you just excited?"

Yup, it's definitely a baktong moment.

Ugh!

No comments: