Saturday, March 18, 2006

Go anywhere day!

Today is "Go Anywhere Day" which means i'm going to have a ride a bus to a place i've never been before. At the Central Bus Terminus, I hopped on the 6X bus going to Stanley Plaza since it was the one with the shortest queue. It proved to be a very good choice because in less than half an hour, I was at the Stanley Market.

I've been in Hong Kong for almost a year, and have been visiting this country for more than a decade. But today was the first time I ever set foot on Stanley, and it was worth the wait.

Stanley reminds me of Sitges in Spain. It's a quiet beachside community with sidewalk restaurants, wide open spaces, gorgeous views, and of course -- STANLEY MARKET! Yup, it's another treasure trove of export overruns, souvenirs, curios, and original chinese artwork.

I walked around for around 3 hours, just feeling the positive vibe of the whole place. Next week, i'm planning to go back with a camera because a place like this deserves to be photographed!

1 comment:

Somnambulist Nocturnal said...

maybe it's a good idea =) i lived in QC all my life and i think there are several interesting places in Old Manila that I haven't gone to. I better see these places at least before they lose their charm.